Monday, April 6, 2009

2 Tim 3: 1-7


This post will also be short. I only have ten minutes left at this moment. Anyways I have to say I'm agitated beyond all need because of my first hour class today. There I am trying to do my home work and the only thing anyone wants to talk about is what their doing their senior year. Well that’s all fine and dandy until they start talking about all the wonderful Vices that they all are swallowed up by, without a second thought. It made me so sick to think that people I have known for the last few years are so consumed by their own lusts. That the same kids who go to church every Sunday are the same kids who are described in Verse 4 "Lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God."
I don't see how they can be so short minded and forgetful of everything. How they can claim to be something and be everything but that Monday through Saturday.I know I'm guilty of my own sins, my own vices, but they seem to take pride in them, or as the verse say "High minded" over their sin. I curse myself for the crimes against God that I have made, because I know that by such things I placed my king upon the Cross.Thanks be to God that I'm not guilty of the list that is in these seven verses of the activates "in the last days perilous times shall come", I just don't comprehend it.
What is it that sets me apart from all of them? We all claim to believe in the same God but I don't have any of the same desires of sneaking into Kansas to get drunk and then going to Las Vegas because of legalized prostitution, or making a Joke out of who's going to be the first person to have a Kid in our class. Its all vanity and they are all consumed by it.Don't they understand that this life is just a vapor, its here and then its gone. Then as we pass away we enter eternity. Why should I waist my life pleasing myself, and in reality destroying myself, causing myself more hardship than I need, all in the name of Fun. When I can do things the way they are to be and receive the blessing that come with it.